10th Annual Hill Country Yarn Crawl
Oct 17, 2019
The Knitting Cup
102 E. University18th
|Details:||To make your Yarn Crawl experience wonderful, keep these in mind:
* Our featured yarn is Sesame by Berroco. It is a blend of wool, cotton, acrylic, and nylon with rich vibrant colors and textures. It has long repeats making it perfect shawls and cowls.
* Every day of the crawl, we will have the Between the Stitches trunk show, featuring project bags made by Dee Diaz.
* Ewe2 Yarns trunk show will be October 11th and 12th. Beautiful eco-friendly nature inspired hand dyed yarns.
*Martha Wissing will be in the shop on the 12th and 13th to talk about Knitting Stars and answer questions you have about design.
* A knit pattern by Martha Wissing Designs and a crochet pattern by Andrea K of Heart, Hook and Home will be available.
* Andrea K of Heart, Hook and Home will be in the shop on
* Moon Tower Yarns will be here on October 13th and 14th. Anna has created an exclusive colorway called Fill Your Cup.
* We will have a Savvy Skeins trunk show on October 19th.
* Many models created by customers of The Knitting Cup will be on display.
* We have a small parking lot next to the shop and there is plenty of on the street parking on Main Street.
* Public restrooms are located in the Visitor Center on 7th St., in the Library on 8th St., behind Grace Church on Main, and in the courthouse on the square.
* Great places to eat: The Red Poppy Coffee in the library, Roots Bistro on 7th, 600 Degrees on Main, The Sweet Lemon on Main, Thundercloud Subs on Main, Lauri's Too on Main, Gumbos on Main, Cianfrani's Coffee on 8th, Lamppost Coffee on Main and Galaxy Bakery on 8th.
*Market Day is Saturday the 12th. Streets around the square could be blocked. Take a walk through. Neat vendors.
*My favorite shop on the square and my former employers: The Escape! Beautiful handcrafted pieces: jewelry, pottery, lamps, decor, and more!
* Just as a reminder we will not be winding yarn, teaching classes or have space for hanging out during the yarn crawl. The tables will be full of yarn. EXTREME KNITTING EMERGENCIES ONLY! If you have an extreme knitting emergency please stop by and we will get you back on track.